My Life, My Universe, My Everything

Seeking answers to the big questions in my life through creativity...

Cross the Line...

Wednesday 18th April 2012

I have been much too long coming back to complete the Book of the Night.  I started the Extreme Journalling course last September.  But, I promised myself I would try to complete the course before my brother's first anniversary, which is on 25th April.

I read an interesting blog post on Kelly Kilmer's blog recently.  She was saying how important it is to have the courage to actually put yourself, your thoughts, your feelings and emotions into your Art Journal posts " you are the only one on this planet capable of expressing your view of the world as seen and experienced through your eyes and once that perspective is gone, well...".

I have been thinking recently about how I will continue my Art Journalling when Book of the Night comes to an end.  After all, I have come to really love doing this.  I love writing on the pages that I have worked with images.  I love working with the colour.  And I need to take it to the next level...  I want to decide how to work my own art journalled pages.  Should I set myself questions.  Just let it come...  Or would it be better to take a theme to work through?

So do I need to worry about what I put into my art journal pages?  Into my journal pages?  Do I need to worry that someone will one day read these pages?  I don't know.  After all, I would be gone.  I was watching a CSI Miami repeat the other day and towards the end of the episode, the character Horatio Caine said something that has stayed in my mind "we never know when death is coming and that is why we should not live in fear of it."  Isn't this so true.  No one knows what is in the future, but we all know that one day death will come, and it is better not to know when...

I wish I could remember where I came across this image...  there is a .com on the bottom but I cannot read it properly...  

I love the idea of my journal pages telling a story...  and I think this is an element I shall try to work on while I continue my art journal.

These pages were answering the question:  It's a Thin Line... How did your mother walk between the lines?


But when I really thought about this and did some freewriting, I realised that it wasn't walking between the lines that my mother excelled at, but having the courage to cross the line...  that was really important.

1 comments:

its so good to see you back Nicolette, it takes courage to take your issues in hand and share with others, keep up the good work. Your journals are wonderful, I too, have got so much benefit by doing the BOTN...... Jacky

 

Post a Comment

I love to hear what other people are thinking. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.