My Life, My Universe, My Everything

Seeking answers to the big questions in my life through creativity...

Savoury Oatcakes Recipe

Tuesday 17th April 2012

My mum told me about this recipe.  They are really simple to make and delicious warm or cold.



Being a diabetic, I have read that oatmeal is really good for me, but I have never liked porridge.  I do however, love flapjacks but sadly, syrupy, sticky flapjacks are not really what I should be eating either.  So I have been looking for a savoury recipe.  This one is perfect and it is very quick to make.

Mix 2 cups of porridge oats, 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese and 3 small eggs (2 large eggs), with a little seasoning of salt and pepper, in a bowl.

Heat the pan.  I wiped a little oil onto the surface.   Then roll a ball of mix in you hands, gently flatten and put into the pan.  I fitted about 5 or 6 into the pan each time.  Cook slowly on a medium heat and turn half way through.  I cooked until golden.   The mix made about 17 savoury oatcakes.  I left the spare ones to cool on a wire rack and ate 3 while they were still warm for my breakfast.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what other people are thinking. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.